Connecting Your Website to Google Webmaster Tools
Google Search Console (Google Webmaster Tools) is a web service by Google which allows webmasters to check indexing status and optimize visibility of their websites.
To connect your website to Google Search Console:
- To start, please go to https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome. Click on Sign In and login to your Google Search Console account .
- Once you sign up, choose URL prefix enter your domain and click Continue.
- Copy the code from the HTML Tag section and switch to your website dashboard.
- In the dashboard, click on Settings and select Plugins and Custom Codes. Click on Manage then on +Add New Plugin, and add Google Webmaster tools
- In the Application ID field, you will need to add the code snippet from the HTML Tag you got from Google Webmaster Tools. The Application ID snippet is a unique verification code, marked as X below:
"XXXXXXXXXXXXXX" > the X's represent your code.
Insert the code, Enable it, and click Save.
- Publish your website to update it with the changes you've made and have them live.
- Once you Publish the website, go back to Google Search Console and click on the Verify button to see if your tag was added to the website.
- If the process was done correctly, you will get a message vie ownership verification.